5 Reasons BeMetals is one of the best choices for investing in Base Metals
BeMetals Corp. (TSX-V: BMET) is the new player in base metals exploration and development, poised to capitalize on the growing global demand for copper and zinc. With the rising popularity of electric and hybrid vehicles and the projected shortfalls in base metal supplies, expected to drive up metal prices, there’s likely never been a better time to climb aboard. Here are 5 reasons why BeMetals should be a part of a diversified investment portfolio.
1. INVESTING IN BASE METALS COULD BE MORE PROFITABLE THAN EVER.
If you’re thinking of investing in metals and mining, it’s worth asking, “What is the best metal to invest in right now?” Flashy, precious metals like gold and silver get a lot of attention, but today, the answer is actually base metals like copper and zinc.
Given the world’s increasing population, copper consumption has increased 2.5% annually over the past 40 years, while demand for zinc has seen a whopping 34% increase since 2004. Copper and zinc have always been essential, but with the rise of sustainable industries, electric/hybrid vehicles, and rapidly-expanding cities, both are being consumed at record rates. At the same time, supply for these base metals has steadily declined, with copper and zinc stores plummeting 60% and 92% since 2014, respectively. With the coming shortfall in base metal production in mind, now could be an ideal time to invest.
2. THE BEMETALS TEAM IS UNIQUELY POSITIONED FOR SUCCESS.
Founded by Clive Johnson, Tom Garagan, and proven executives hailing from B2Gold Corp., the BeMetals team is equipped with decades of experience in international mineral exploration, development and metal production. Over the years they have leveraged their considerable clout to raise over US $2 billion for exploration, acquisitions, construction, and operation of numerous mines worldwide. B2Gold is senior gold producer, generating over US$1 billion in annual revenue and hundreds of millions in profits.
3. OUR FLAGSHIP SOUTH MOUNTAIN PROJECT IS PRIMED FOR PROFIT GENERATION.
With our recent option agreement for the South Mountain Zinc-Silver project from Thunder Mountain Gold in southwest Idaho, we can acquire up to 100% interest in one of the highest grade zinc projects in all of North America. The project offers
- Excellent resource growth potential through upcoming drill programs
- Pre-existing underground infrastructure is still in place, with the Sonneman and Laxey drifts already established and in great condition
- Low capital expenditures for prospective mine development, partly due to these underground workings and due to the high-grade nature of the deposit, less ore needs to be extracted to produce significant production.
- A short time frame expected for development, given the existing infrastructure and the majority of permits already in place
- Strong community support from locals for advancing project development
4. THE BEMETALS TEAM PROVIDES OUTSTANDING DEAL FLOW.
With extensive contacts from throughout the international minerals business, BeMetals has abundant deal flow of projects to the company. We have already locked into one copper exploration project in Zambia with world-class exploration potential and this year we entered into an agreement to acquire an advanced-stage zinc development project in Idaho, USA.
We’re also still targeting to acquire additional high-value base metal near-term development assets to quickly and efficiently bring them into production, and we are particularly focused on zinc and copper investments.
5. BEMETALS HAS CONSISTENT ACCESS TO EQUITY AND DEBT FINANCING.
Even in the midst of extremely challenging market conditions, the BeMetals team has demonstrated a keen ability to access capital for exploration, acquisitions, and mine building. Acqusitions and development of copper and zinc projects take considerable capital, but with the founders’ banking networks and experience in the field, project funding is a non-issue. In fact, the company completed a $6.25 million non-brokered financing on May 7 of this year, with further development and acquisition plans to come.
Investing in base metals is a more enticing prospect than it has been in decades, and Be Metals is in place to reap the rewards of mineral revenue in the coming years.
Eager to learn more about BeMetals and how base metals can jumpstart your portfolio?
Vice President, Investor Relations & Corporate Development